1) Invest in a shower filterOur tap water is loaded with heavy metals and chlorine. Showering daily and absorbing those toxins weakens our immune system, irritates our skin and damages our hair. Recommended: Aquasana AQ-4100 Deluxe Shower Water Filter System
2) Fluoride free toothpasteFluoride is now a government recognized carcinogen, as it crosses our blood-brain barrier that disrupts our vital endocrine system. Recommended: Jason Powersmile Antiplaque Whitening Toothpaste
3) CERTIFIED ORGANIC household productsDish detergent, laundry detergent. Please make the switch. I cannot tell you how important this is. Recently a friend washed some clothes of mine in a leading laundry detergent. As soon as I put it on, my face swelled up, started sneezing, had a cloudy brain-fog and was in a weird mood for two days. Not kidding. Our skin absorbs everything that it comes in contact with, quickly. Recommended: Here's what I like..Mrs. Meyers Clean Day. Add a little baking soda to help with a little funk if you have sweaty clothes.
4) Organic skin and body care productsBiggest thing to avoid: leading brand sunscreen. Learn your ingredients... Download Think Dirty App on your phone and scan barcodes to learn how toxic your products are before purchasing. Deodorant too! Stay away from the Aluminum based antiperspirants and deodorants. Scientists have found that estrogen can promote the growth of breast cancer cells, some scientists have suggested that the aluminum-based compounds in antiperspirants may contribute to the development of breast cancer. Scary stuff. My favorite deodorant: Agent Nateur Natural Deodorant
5) Avoid processed foods and factory farmed meats and produceAll I can say is I used to juice daily. I would make these HUGE blended smoothies of vegetables and fruits that were not organic because I found a market nearby that sold conventionally grown fruits and veggies for super cheap. I felt AWFUL and couldn't figure out why. I remember a friend of mine Ryan Doyle insisting that I make the switch to all organic on everything that I eat. The fact is, the pesticides, hormones and even herbicides are toxic and weaken our immune system and brain to the point where I had a hangover-like recovery every day. It switched like a light when I went all organic. Please do what you can to switch what you can afford to switch. You are worth it, and it's not that much of a price difference. You make up for it with less trips to the doctor's and most likely will result in personal longevity and a more vibrant life. The biggest culprits: Tomatoes, apples, strawberries, berries... thin-skinned fruits and vegetables that are often consumed by animals. They are loaded with pesticides to repel being eaten. BONUS: Drink glass bottled water. Weak plastic bottles, when heated (sunlight, hot cars, etc) seeps into the water you are drinking! Go for the Glass, I like Gerolsteiner OR get a 5-gallon glass carboy, ceramic spout (both on Amazon.com) and go get it from the reverse osmosis filtered water machines. Other option, Arrowhead Mountain Spring Water or Mountain Valley Spring Water door delivery. BONUS BONUS: 10-15 minutes of direct sunlight daily. According to mindbodygreen, 'Sunlight has a beneficial effect on skin disorders, such as psoriasis, acne, eczema and fungal infections of the skin. Sunlight lowers cholesterol. The sun converts high cholesterol in the blood into steroid hormones and the sex hormones we need for reproduction.' What are some of your top health tips? Share with us in the comment section below!
The Natural Path to Perfect Skin
30 PAGES FULL OF SKINCARE SECRETS